Monday, February 20, 2012

a conversation I want to remember for always

Savannah (our 5 year-old) brought me a placemat map a few weeks ago and asked me if I wanted to see where our baby lived.  I said sure and she pointed to Taiwan.  I told her that she was right and then she showed me where we lived (in South America---teehee).  So I showed her about where we were in Texas and she said that that was really far away from our baby.  I said yes but then rolled up the map to show her we're really just an ocean away.  She was happy and took the map with her somewhere else.  Kyle came home and she showed him Taiwan and then Texas.  He said to her that's really far away, huh?  She took the map and rolled it up like I did and showed him that it's really just an ocean away. :)  Melted my heart.  Watching my kids prepare and gain that understanding is so sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment