Sunday, February 19, 2012

If you want to make God laugh...

Well, welcome! 

I thought to start things out, I should explain why I chose the title of my blog.  It's a quote from the movie Bella (<--a must see).  The first time I heard it, it occurred to me that I must make God laugh--A BUNCH!  I pretty much had a list of "nevers" that I started out with that He has changed my heart about over the years.  I would never drive a mini-van, homeschool my children, have more than 1 or 2 children....  You get the point.  I am pleased to tell you that we did drive a mini-van (for a while), I do homeschool my children, and we have 5 children and are adopting our 6th from Taiwan.  This, by the way, is a very micro-mini list of the things God has changed in me.  The complete list could possibly be a blog all on it's own.  Maybe that one could be titled Beth's ridiculous list of nevers.  Or maybe A Series of Almost Unfortunate Events.

The majority of posts in this blog will be about our adoption.  I'm usually a pretty quiet kind of gal, but if me being real and open about our adoption turns "147 million orphans minus 1" into 2 or 3 or 4... then here I am.  The other posts...hmmm...I don't know yet.  I guess grab some chocolate (I'm assuming you like chocolate.  It's not a prerequisite or anything, though.), pull up a seat, and join us as I pour my heart out on a public blog.


In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Beth! I am a quiet kind of person, too, as you well know, but if God can use our voices to petition for these beautiful children that are without families, then we'll have to be loud for awhile! :) I am praying God's covering over Ling, over her birth family (for comfort, grace, and peace to make the best decision), and over you all. People keep telling me, "God's got the details. Cast all your cares on Him." So, I am, over and over and over, nightly, as I wait on His perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praying. Somehow I knew you would be. :) If you ever want to guest blog here, I would love for you to share both of your adoption stories.

      Praying for you all, too. God does have perfect timing.

      Delete