Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A good day...

Well, I went to post our prayer request for money on a children's clothing forum and I wasn't expecting what I got....  A few people suggested that I put a donate link in my signature and several people donated today.  I'm so humbled and I feel incredibly blessed.  We've still got a way to go to get to the $5000 goal but my heart was so warmed by these people who have never even met me, but gave to help bring Avalyn home.  I've prayed for each of them and I'm thankful beyond words.  We also had a friend of a friend (although, I consider her a friend--we've emailed a few times) donate and she amazed me, too.

Also, we got 12 documents, notarized by a total of 6 different notaries (not on each page but divided up) sent to the Secretary of State today for authenticating.  I think that was the last of the paperwork.  If it's not, don't tell me.  I like a little surprise here and there. ;)  That same paperwork will come back to us and then we'll send it back out to TECO (Taipei Economic and Cultural Office) in Houston for a second round of authenticating.  We'll enclose an envelope addressed to our placing agency.  Then we have $6250 due!  Phew!!!! 

We also got some more fundraisers planned.  Busy day....$105 closer to Avalyn.  We'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment