Monday, March 26, 2012

Movin' Right Along (dooga doog dooga doog)

Well, we're 1/3 of the way to our finacial goal.  ONLY $4000 to go in 1 week.  I'll update as we go, but I can say that we are blessed beyond measure with people who are willing to help us get over this mountain.

We got our USCIS receipt back on the same day our papers came back authenticated from the Secretary of the State.  That was Saturday.  All of the paperwork from Taiwan is in both Chinese and in English.  It's really neat.  My favorite part is seeing her name (her given name from her birth parents) along with ours.  Even our receipt for the authenticating has her name with ours.  We're making progress.  Now we just need our passports and oh, a little bit of cash...

Tomorrow is the final day of our fundraising photoshoot.  I'm having so much fun!  Kelly McG is such a blessing!  Her husband is getting ready to head out for a year (military stuff) very shortly but she is still giving this time for us.  She told me last night that she knew she was going to do this for someone and I told her that I knew she was going to offer.  God is so beyond cool.  We have a little ladybug bond, too.

On a side note, my oldest is working on his drivers license.  Very bittersweet.

I'll poke my head back in tomorrow to finish up the Bluebonnet story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment