Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Made our goal!!!!

Wow and Phew!!!!  Don't ask how much else we owe...I just want to bask in this for a moment. :)

There is a verse that has become very dear to me as so many people have supported us.  We have been blessed beyond measure and the gift of seeing the body of Christ function as a body has been priceless. Honestly, I have never seen it before.  There are people who acted as my voice, my feet, my mind, my hands....people who have donated, prayed, given their time to help us.  The list goes on.  It's a beautiful picture. 

I wish I could tell you all the stories....someday I will, while we wait. 

There is a quote that many people have used in talking about adoption.  "I could've almost missed this."  I'm not sure if it was Mary Beth or Steven Curtis Chapman--I'll look it up one of these days.  I feel that way now and she's not even home.  I could've missed the blessing of having to trust God for every penny of this bill.  I could've missed seeing the hearts of people who felt led to help us.  I could've missed it---all of it. 

I know I'll still doubt.  There's a really long road ahead of us yet, and I know I'll grow weary again and again but at least I won't miss it....

Galatians 6:9-10

9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment