Sunday, July 8, 2012

Yep, we're normal...

or so we've been told.  I finally caved and asked our caseworker from our placing agency.  Okay, okay that's kind of what the homestudy is for, right?  I'm trying so hard to be patient.  Our case has been worked on in the courts for at least 4 1/2 weeks that we know of.  They had a few questions for us 4 1/2 weeks ago (this is how I know they've been working on it that long----genius, huh?) and the wait since then has dragged and dragged.  I've been given the disadvantage of having friends (I love you, AB, though!!!) who adopted a little girl with Down Syndrome from the exact same orphanage and they were almost identical to us in their paperwork timeline.  Well, this time 3 years ago, they'd gotten their call.  They knew the day they would hold their little munchkin.  So I asked our caseworker if we were normal in our process.  We are and so we wait.... patiently.  Okay, I'm completely pretending to be patient.

By the way, $7000 left to complete our adoption fees.  I know God's got it, but I'm a little stressed.  Lots and lots of prayer. 

1 comment:

  1. I love you too! :) I know the wait is excruciating sometimes. Soon...soon....she will be in your arms. (HUGS)))
    AB

    ReplyDelete