Friday, September 28, 2012

James 1 (not just 27...)

I think almost anyone who has adopted or is in the process of adopting has James 1:27 memorized---FOREVER!

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Well, last night, as I was praying for our court date and reading my bible, I read, (I mean really read) James 1.  It made me laugh out loud!  I called Kyle over to show him, too.  I'll give you just a few verses, but too funny how much of it really applies to adoption.

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.



Well, our court date was last night (September 28 in Taiwan time, so last night and early morning our time).  Everything went well!  The judge requested a copy of the Texas adoption laws.  I found them and now they will be translated into Mandarin for the judge's reading enjoyment. 

I painted my toenails like 10 little ladybugs (Chinese symbol for a "match" in adoption) to remind me that God sets the lonely in homes, He makes the "match".  A photographer friend of mine, Kelly McG (Remember our bluebonnet photo session fundraiser?  Yep, that Kelly McG.) took a picture of them and I had taken one so, here they are:

my picture



Kelly McG's pic

If I had known they'd professionally photographed, I would've taken more time on them. :) 

Thank you for all of you who prayed!  It really, really means so much to us.



2 comments:

  1. My name is Kristie, and I want you to know that we are praying for you. We actually wanted to adopt your beautiful little girl when we first saw her picture, but we don't meet Cathwel's requirements. We both believe that God used your little girl to lead us to our two daughters in China. Both have Down Syndrome, and are nearly the same age as Avelyn. Your daughter will always have a special place in our hearts, and we can't wait for her to come home to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kristie! That gave me goosebumps. :) God is so GOOD! Do you have a blog I can follow? I would love to keep up with your adoption and pray for you all, as well.

      Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know this. I am amazed at how God's plans work out.

      Beth

      Delete