Monday, October 8, 2012

Who will love me for me?

A friend sent me this video and I wanted to share it with you all.  They hosted one of the girls in the video this past summer. 

Something happened to us when we started our adoption process.  We really began to want to see other families adopt.  Every child deserves the love of a mommy and daddy and, while we can't adopt them all and we'd only be another orphanage if we did, we can tell other people and (hopefully) encourage them to pray and ask God what His plan is for them in the lives of these orphans we're called to love.  It's so easy to limit ourselves based on what we think a good adoptive parent should look like.  I'll warn you, too, other people may possibly tell you these things.  Let me tell you, though, God doesn't use perfect people!  He uses the flawed ones, like us.  So, if you're reading this, pray and seek God's will for your life.  You may not be called to adopt, but maybe by sharing this video, you'll reach someone who is.



I love the lyrics to this song.  When I watched it the first time, my youngest recognized the song and crawled into my lap while we watched it together.  She smelled like the soap and shampoo from her bath and she was wearing her most favorite princess nightgown and eating her breakfast.  The stark difference of her life and the lives of these orphans hit me hard!  My heart breaks for them.  In pictures that my mind really didn't want to grasp I began to wonder about those details for them.  I think part of me wants to turn off those emotions and not cry, but as I saw those faces in the crowded room with the beds I cried and cried.  I guess this is what "Break my heart for what breaks Yours" means.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment