Friday, November 16, 2012

Psalm 103: 1-2

"Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—" Psalm 103:1-2 (NIV)

I love lyrics.  I can hear a song and the music can be complete genius, but I want to know the words.  Several months back, my Cindymom told me about a song.  It was called 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman.  It's now become my kinda "give myself a kick in the pants and thank God no matter what I'm feeling" theme song.  We've had some rough times.  Not only is there this WAIT hanging over our heads, but we lost a great furbaby, our oven broke, our microwave door broke, etc...  There's more, but I'll spare you the pity party.  It's so easy for me to wrap those thoughts around myself and let them take over.  As I type this out, I'm hoping for the phone to ring.  If there's going to be news today, we'll know pretty soon.  If not, there's a whole weekend of the not-knowing ahead of us and more of the WAIT.  This is the month of Thanksgiving and as Christians we are to give thanks in all situations even when we don't feel like it. Sometimes I think I have to make myself walk out what my heart isn't feeling. The thing is, no matter what today looks like there really are at least 10,000 Reasons for my heart to find.



1 comment:

  1. Praying for you friend! Shared your link on my facebook page asking my FB friends to pray also. You are right on in what you say. Giving thanks is not easy when we don't feel that way!

    ReplyDelete