Thursday, November 8, 2012

Upside-down headband cutie

It's been a full year since we first saw her picture.  A friend of mine forwarded me a photolisting of some waiting children at an orphanage in Taiwan.  There were 2 precious little girls with Down Syndrome on that list as well as several others and we began to pray about both of the girls.  If you have followed my blog from the beginning, you already know this story.  Anyway, over the course of a few months, we began to answer a series of questions from that orphanage.  Time went on and we still didn't know which little girl we would pursue an adoption of.  I would walk around our backyard and pray and cry.  I didn't want to be wrong and I didn't want to not choose one.  In the middle of December last year, I emailed a question about both girls and our caseworker wrote back, "Not your child."  In that moment I knew who our child was.  I turned around to tell Kyle, "It's Ling!"  I knew her.  She was meant to be ours.  It's an amazing thing to have everything click right into place and to know you've been looking at the face of your next child.

Here's the first picture we saw of her.  I called her the upside-down headband cutie
for a few months. :)  The girl can rock the upside-side down headband, no?



This is one of our most recent pictures.  She's grown a smidge from that first picture. 
Why do all kids seem to do that whether you want them to or not?  
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! I advocated for her for the agency I do advocating for!!! I remember that first picture!! THANK YOU for sharing the newest one! WOW :) How wonderful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tami! I love that you were her voice for that time and that you are the voice for so many others. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete