Monday, November 5, 2012

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

a·dopt (a-dopt)
tr.v. a·dopt·ed, a·dopt·ing, a·dopts
To take into one's family through legal means and raise as one's own child.
 
a·dop'tion  proc·ess 1 (pros'es, pro'ses) n. A series of actions, changes, or functions hopefully bringing about a finalized adoption that will involve multiple persons and organizations knowing every single thing about you.  It will probably be the biggest series of ups and downs you've ever experienced and you may be subjected to long waits leading into even longer waits.  You will check your email continually hoping for some news or some update.  Your arms may begin to feel empty and when you count your other children you keep coming up short---someone's missing.  Part of your heart seems to be in two different places all at once.  The question "when?" will be asked more times than you can count and you wish, I mean really wish, you had an answer. *sigh*
 
 
 
Okay, my adoption process definition is a little raw.  I'm really missing Avalyn today.  I can't really explain how I can miss someone I've only seen pictures of, read about, and met on Skype, but I do.  We're missing a little someone a great big bunch. 
 
So, all of that to say that we have no real update.  We're trapped somewhere in the Final Decree part waiting, waiting, waiting...
 
 
Isaiah 40:31
but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Friend,
    I believe we have been emailing back and forth on a yahoo group! Not totally sure, just putting a few pieces togather. I have been following your blog for a little while now. Your daugter is just adorable! I remember seeing her sweet face on RR many times during our families searching. God's blessings to you during this time. Ruth

    ReplyDelete